Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'll take New York!

I apparently have spring fever or something that has put me into an odd frame of mind. As a child of the '70s, I'll "go with the flow", though it looks like this mood is making itself manifest in my cards.

Like this one!


The stamped image on the right is named Retail Therapy and she's from SCACD's Oddly Sweet Curiosities Collection #3&4. She was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto Neenah cardstock and onto Eclipse tape. She was colored with Copic markers, which I put away, so I can't list 'em below. Sorry! All the eyes, teeth, and jewelry in the image were accented with Clear Gelly Roll Glaze Pen to add dimension and shine. Her eyeshadow (on her shoes and face) was accented with Turquoise Copic Glitter pen. The clasp on her bag was accented with Lemon Copic Glitter pen. When she was completely colored, I fussy cut her Eclipse Tape twin, and masked the colored version.

I die cut some Memory Box Clouds from Eclpse tape and positioned them in the sky. I grabbed the Cityscape stencil by The Crafter's Workshop, tacked it down over Retail Therapy with removable Scotch Tape and temporary adhesive. The windows were accented with Gelly Roll Stardust Pure Glitter Pen and then the entire scene was airbrushed with my custom less-than B21 Copic marker using Copic's airbrush system. When I was done, I lightly traced over the buildings and the outlines of the bridge using a Copic multiliner. The stencil was lifted and I carefully (but not very efficiently) colored the bridge and the buildings with Copic markers. As I've stated, perfection is overrated. The Eclipse tape clouds were lifted and I added some dimension to them using Copic markers. BTW, who knew that the glitter from the pen rubbed off? Not me. There's glitter all over the place, but I'm not worried. I think it adds to the overall look of the (rather demented) card. The stamped, stenciled, airbrushed, glittery piece was cropped, edged with Black Soot Distress ink, then adhered to dark greeny-teally cardstock using black adhesive photo corners. I would have used my silver ones, but I apparently put them "someplace safe" (never to be seen again or not until I don't need 'em).

Since I'm a Native New Yorker with ties to Brooklyn, I had to have the Subway Alterations Texture Fades. That particular folder is not available right now, but you can find some freakin' nifty ones by clicking HERE! I decided the folder was absolutely PERFECT with that stamp and that stencil, so I used it, albeit sparingly.

The card still needed a little something to balance the bottom left, so I used SCACD's Contempo Compass Statement Corner die to die cut black cardstock. I finished up the card by embellishing that gorgeous corner with colored rhinestones to echo the color of my big shopper!

I couldn't decide on a sentiment. I was pondering "I'll take New York!", "I heart NY", or something like that.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. OK, this is my third comment, as somehow I don't think I was signed in to Blogger with the other two. Don't ask. I plead the fifth. Of tequila. Whatev.
    Love, love your card. Crazy-cute image, love the background, clouds, die cut, bling, & embossing. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo New York!!! Love it and the way you used the stencils. "Retail Therapy" is a perfect fit. I can so relate to the silver photo corners dilema. I always find things after I needed them, then put them some place safe for another time where they remain till I can't remember where I put them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is sorta creepy but I guess even a creature that shops with turquoise eyeshadow should have some glitter, right? Great embossing folder for the image too!

    ReplyDelete