Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Circles, circles everywhere!

The Stampotique Designers issued a "Three Circles" challenge that made me look at the world differently. Circles! They're everywhere! Snowglobes, clocks, knobs -- oh my!

Here's my take on the challenge:



I did an old-as-the-sun, but new-to-me, technique. For some reason, I never did this before, but I didn't want Moon Girl's little dress to be solid black... So, I colored on the Moon Girl rubber stamp with Distress markers, huffed on it, and stamped the image onto the circle of a Memory Box. It was masked and the process was repeated until I had three little Moon Girls in a snowglobe. I wasn't satisfied with the coverage, so I colored over the Distress marker with Copic markers and added Wink of Stella glitter pen to each pair of wings. Then the "globe" was colored to match the "wall" behind it. Copic Opaque white was added for glare, then clear glossy paint was added over that.

The snowglobe, containing the Moon Girls, needed to sit on something, so I built a cabinet, which I topped with a lacy patterned doily, die-cut from patterned paper. If Moon Girls can live in snowglobes, then doilies can be patterned. Yep.

I needed some more circles, so I die-cut a clock from gold and black cardstock using SCACD's Classic Timepiece die. Then since the snowglobe is transparent, I had to add more color it, which was more or less successful. Planning in advance would have been a good idea. Oh well.  Meanwhile, I still needed circles, so I die-cut two circles and added gold pearls to them for cabinet knobs. Colored rhinestones finished the piece. Tahdah.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in this challenge:
Stampotique Designers Challenge: Three Circles
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. How unique is this, Kathi, so creative! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your varied circles and Moon Girl(s), Kathi! Two great techniques--both the "huffing" and the masking--have given you a wonderful result! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a big TAHDAH to you! This is so dang creative and cool! Love your whole idea and the way you constructed the design! Fabulous, Kathi! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, you "built" a dresser? I can barely pick out two premade embellishments and you are designing card furniture! I bow to the master....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea for this circle challenge! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo sweet, I love Moon Girl! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete