Saturday, January 14, 2017

Procrastination leads to an "I'm Late!" card!


I needed to send a document to someone and wanted to send a card along with it. However, as a peerless procrastinator, I didn't get around to making the card. It soon became clear to me that I should use my Hare in a Hurry stamp (Stampendous) for the focal image. Not only was it perfect for procrastinators like me, it's also a wonderful version of the White Rabbit of Alice in Wonderland fame. Plus, it's vaguely Steampunk to boot and you know that I do love me some Steampunk!

Hare in a Hurry was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Imagine crafts and colored with Copic markers. I'm fairly certain that I added a few layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) over the watches, but it's been a bit of time and I'm a bit hare-brained (pun intended). 

The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the 5x7 Card Creator die set (Spellbinders). The next largest die was used to die-cut yellow/tan polka dotted patterned paper from the Vintage Double Dot 6x6 pad (Bo-Bunny). 

Blue flower and clock patterned paper from the Time Keeper 6x6 pad (Marion Smith Designs) was layered over golden yellow patterned paper from the Once Upon a Springtime 8x8 pad (Graphic 45). Gold metallic cardstock was die-cut with one of the dies from the Rope and Chain die set (All Occasions and placed over the the seam between the two patterned papers. The Hare in a Hurry matted image panel was adhered to the card front.

Black metallic specialty paper was die-cut with clock-hands and Alice's Clock Statement Corner dies. The die-cuts were placed in opposite corners of the card front and the card was adhered to a 5x7 card.

By the way, the finished card and the document sat on my printer all throughout the Thanksgiving through winter holiday blur (included family birthdays, Christmas, Chanukah, New Year's parties, estate stuff,  dental work) and finally mailed it last week as a belated birthday/holiday card. Thankfully the recipient is a good natured lady with a keen sense of humor.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment