Thursday, July 11, 2013

I've got mail!

I love birds and I love Steampunk, so I swooned I first saw SCACD's new Steampunk MechAnimals collection!


Meet Special Delivery, one of the fabulous new Steampunk MechAnimals from SCACD!
























 Special Delivery was stamped with Onyx Black VersaFine ink and heat embossed with Filigree Fine Detail embossing powder. colored with Copic markers which I'll list below. I added some Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to his eyes, beak, and talons. I used my trusty Fiskar's Fingertip Craft Knife to cut around his tail and then die cut him using a Nestabilities Oval. Keeping the cardstock in the die, I lightly traced around the interior of the die using a COO marker. Then I removed the oval from the die and added a cloudy sky. I tried to make it look as though he's taking a break by perching on a cloud.

I've been studying cloud patterns while stopped at traffic lights (that crafting ADD, don'tcha know) and realized that they have grey, blue, and purplish undertones. So I added some more color to the cloud mix.

I followed Splitcoast's Sketch #444, but modified it a bit. I used Airmail Washi tape, which I thought was perfect for the image. The patterned papers are from Prima's Engraver 6x6 pad (map) and My Mind's Eye Lost & Found: Union Square 6x6 pad. Both pads seem to be gone, but there are plenty of wonderful new pads that you can find HERE! Frayed Burlap Distress ink and Espresso Adirondack ink were used to sponge the edges of the layers.

Here's the sketch I used:














Copic markers used:
Feathers: G2, G5, G19, 2, B4, B16
Bill: Y13, Y15, Y19
Helmet & Jacket: E31, E33, E334, E35, E37, E39, BG90 BG93, t0, T1, T3
Flying Apparatus: BG90, BG93, T0, T1, T3
Scroll: E41, E42, E43
Sky: B21
Clouds: C00, C0, BV0000, BV000

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Sparkles Monthly Challenges: Steampunk or Vintage
Splitcoast's Sketch #444
Crafts and Me Challenge #148: Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays #128: Wing It
CMC Copic Challenge Group #72: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you next week. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card, Kathi! Love the backing papers and fun image! Great coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Airmail washi tape!!! Must have!! Where from please :)
    Love that image too and your clouds are wonderful - the sky studying is obviously working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Love that fun bird image, your coloring, and I love the way you cut out his tail! I can't seem to do that right. Even with tutorials on how. I am a klutz. But enough about me. Love your clouds, bg DP and fun Washi tape! Another cool card, Kathi! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete