Thursday, September 18, 2014

Studio Table - The Reveal

Seth Apter, of The Altered Page Studio fame, has dared us to show him our studio tables, since he's showed us his.

Here's what he had to say about this challenge:
So many times when we are presented with images of artist studios, they are pristine -- almost as if nothing goes on in the space. This is often true in books, magazines, blogs, and Facebook. The reality is, of course, that during the process of creating, the mess multiplies faster than the matheletes at the International Mathematical Olympiad (and there really is such a thing)!

Let's go behind the curtain, throw any feelings of shame out the window, and show the world the underside of art and craft. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Never one to back down from a dare, I'm participating. Here it is!

I must state that my table is actually somewhat clean since I'm mostly done with the card that's on my table. I also didn't go multi-media with it, so the table is much tidier than when I'm using paints, stencils, markers, and suchlike. I didn't show the floor, which is covered with scraps of paper, fallen embellishments, and stuff like that. I have carpeting in the room and a fairly inept vacuum cleaner (and housekeeper)... Oh for hard wood, tile, or even linoleum. More space would be nice as there's another table piled with dies and a bed that is also piled high with schtuffs.

Please note that I have several pairs of reading glasses (of various strengths) and that my three OTT lights (two battery powered purchased during that-bitch-Hurricane Irene) are covered with ink splatter. 


5 comments:

  1. I'd say that your studio space is VERY CLEAN AND ORGANIZED compared to most of what I am seeing on this little "tour" today, Kathi--mine included!! What a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you have a desk that resembles mine. At least I know I am in good company! ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks pretty organised to me... and inviting... i kind of want to sit down and pull out all those little drawers to see what is in them...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's great to see your stash and table!!! Love all your drawers, would be curious to pull them out too to see what is hidden inside hahaha :D Have a good afternoon Kathi, hugs from my work xx

    ReplyDelete