Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Revised Beware!



After posting the card on Facebook, I realized that the birch trees should have been in front of the moon. Rather than embrace imperfection since:  (a) it already has enough flaws from coloring, etc. (b) I'm a Virgo, I decided to fix it and share my fix with you. Teachable moments and all that hooey.

I placed the Birch Landscape stencil back over the piece, lining it up as well as I could. I then traced the branches over the moon using the Old Paper Distress marker. Alas, the fine point of the marker was dry and the ink didn't work well over the acrylic paint on the moon, so I had to "Plan B" it and grabbed a Sepia Pitt Artist marker (Faber Castell), which of course, was darker than the Distress marker. I couldn't just darken the lines of a few branches and a tree, so I had to outline all the trees and branches to make them all the same-ish color. When I was done, I used the acrylic paint maker to touch up the white of the moon.

By the way, it's still not perfect. I just saw another mistake, but I'm going to let it go.

So there you have it.

To reiterate, the stamp is What Big Eyes from the wonderful Eyes of Fable Collection of rubber stamps by Carmen Medlin Designs available at I Brake for Stamps.

I Brake for Stamps has a huge and varied collection of rubber stamps that you ought to check out right now. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!


No comments:

Post a Comment